geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Petersson <petersson.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject Liferay as a Geronimo Plugin
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:30:54 GMT
Hi

With the help of David J custom server assemblies document (
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/custom-server-assemblies.html ) and my
experience working with David on the roller plugin I have manage to put
together a Liferay ( http://www.liferay.com ) plugin. For now the plugin
is with liferay 5.0.1 rc1 on G 2.1.1 and consists of the following maven
artifacts

* geronimo-jetty-liferay -- A minimalistic server assembly with the
geronimo kernel the lifray jetty plugin and the geronimo console plugin.
* liferay-jetty -- The liferay jetty plugin built on the lesslibs
liferay-portal war pulling in dependencys like lifray -kernel, -service
and -portlet.
* geronimo-tomcat-liferay -- A minimalistic server as above but with the
liferay tomcat plugin.
* liferay-tomcat -- The liferay tomcat plugin as liferay-jetty above but
with tomcat.
* liferay-derby -- The liferay derby db backend plugin.
* lifray-portal -- The liferay portal war fetched from liferay and
pulled in to a local maven repos.
* liferay-portal-lesslibs -- A overlay of the liferay portal war with
filtered lib jars making use of some geronimo builtins instead.

The geronimo-tomcat-liferay server seems to work fine but the jetty
equivalent has a issue in the login page. When I have ironed out the
jetty issue, cleaned up the code, made some additional improvements and
put together a simple readme with build instructions ;) I am thinking of
wrapping it up and first of all contribute it to the liferay community (
as suggested by david in
http://marc.info/?l=geronimo-user&m=121304343919559&w=2 ) to see if they
are interested in it for there geronimo integration.

Anny suggestions, opinions, tips or help to pull this together in the
best way possible are appreciated.

regards
  peter petersson