geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Server Respository plugin for Geronimo 2.1+ - RC2
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:48:00 GMT
Joe Bohn wrote:
> Start of thread to discuss any concerns/issues/questions with the vote
> for the Server Repository plugin for Geronimo 2.1+
>
> Joe

Jarek posted an concern in his vote on this plugin:
Jarek Gawor wrote:
 > +1
 >
 > One minor comment: when installing the plugin using the admin console
 > it shows the license as:
 >
 > License:  	The Apache Software License, Version 2.0 (Proprietary)
 >
 > and should be :
 >
 > License:  	The Apache Software License, Version 2.0 (Open Source)

As you can see, he still voted +1.  However, this concerns me.  I guess
there must be something that I need to set for the plugin in the pom.xml
to indicate that this is apache licensed.  The generated
geronimo-plugin.xml includes  <license osi-approved="false">The Apache
Software License, Version 2.0</license> rather than indicating true for
osi-approved.

So ... what to do with the vote?  I really don't like the erroneous
license message.  I'm leaning toward cancelling the vote again to get
this fixed.  What are your opinions?

Joe