geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Tim McConnell <tim.mcco...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Web Service support in GEP
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 01:56:13 GMT
Hi, One of the more obvious deficiencies in the current GEP is the lack of
support for the JAX-WS compliant Web Services. I hope that we can rectify this
in the next major release. Unfortunately, WTP does support Axis2 but although
Axis2 supports many of the WS-* standards, it does not necessarily support the
Java standards (e.g., JSR-224). So it seems to me that we have these three
considerations:

1. Determine if and when WTP will provide support for JAX-WS

2. If WTP will provide support for JAX-WS in the next release (i.e., WTP 3.0)
still assume some customization to support Geronimo (in the GEP)

3. If WTP will not provide support for JAX-WS in the next release (i.e., WTP
3.0) extend the existing Web Service wizards in WTP to support both JAX-WS and
Geronimo (in the GEP)

Am I missing anything obvious ??

--
Thanks,