geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Server Repository plugin for Geronimo 2.1.1
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 14:43:09 GMT
Well, looking at the wiki page explaining this in the vote, I really
don't like the 2 notes/warnings at the bottom of the page.

It seems that what we really need to do, is in 2.2 make a new server
instance repo under /var/repository the default for any user deployed
apps/plugins and update the current portlet to install/view items into
the repo, to only allow view rights to ghome/repository and install/view
to var/repository.

That way, we don't get apps deployed to multiple repos at the same time
as the default behavior, users don't have to add a second repo
themselves (which require write access to the ghome/repository
directory) and it may help simplify how things would behave when WADI
clustering is used.

-Donald