geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Server Repository plugin for Geronimo 2.1.1
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 02:54:34 GMT

Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Jun 5, 2008, at 11:07 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:
>
>> Start of thread to discuss any concerns/issues/questions with the vote
>> for the Server Repository plugin for Geronimo 2.1.1
>
> I'm inclined to vote -1. Nothing to do with the plugin, per se. It looks
> fine. It's really a server issue...
>
> Using a 2.1.2-SNAPSHOT server, the plugin is evaluated as "Installable".
> However, the plugin won't install because of a dependency on 2.1.1
> artifacts. I think we need to demonstrate that we can handle this simple
> migration scenario, before releasing any more plugins.
>
> --kevan

I understand your concern but I don't buy the logic of a -1 vote on the
plugin.  So we should not release a plugin for 2.1.1 that works fine on
2.1.1 because of a concern with the 2.1.2-SNAPSHOT server which is not
even yet released?  It seems to me like your issue would really be with
the 2.1.2 server when that eventually goes up for vote.

Joe