geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Extensible Administration Console
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 15:00:49 GMT
B.J. Reed wrote:
> I am trying to go through the wiki Extensible Administration Console
> page
> (http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC21/Extensible+Administration+Console)

> to make some updates and make sure all the steps still work for 2.1, but
> seem to have hit a known problem.
>
> I have installed the 2.1 minimal version and am trying to install the
> admin console from the online plugin catalog.  When running the gsh
> deploy/list-plugins -r .... command, I get the following error:
> Installation FAILED: Could not find
> org.apache.pluto/pluto-portal-driver/1.2.0-G601060/jar in any repo.
>
> The wiki page has a note "There may be a dependency issue with Pluto..."
> so it looks like this is a known issue, but I didn't find anything in
> the list of JIRAs (I may have missed it).  Is there a workaround for
> this? or is someone looking into this problem?

Hi B.J.,

Thanks for doing this.

I can see why this would be a problem but I did not find any open JIRA
for it either.  Can you create one?

The problem is one that we have in other places as well.  We have
private versions of several components (pluto among them).  These are
only found in our svn repository and retrieved from there when we
perform a Geronimo build.  However, the artifacts are not in a public
repository to be downloaded if other components require them (such as
when we are attempting to resolve the transitive dependencies when
installing the console).

I guess to fix this we will need to do something (not sure what) to get
the our private pluto jars bundled with the appropriate plugin so that
they could be installed in the server together.

Joe