geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Sainath Chowdary" <sainathdre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Web Service support in GEP
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:33:16 GMT
Hi,

I am also very interested in improving GEP to support spec compliant web
services deployment.

Currently, the WTP Web Services Wizard packs a lot of jar files with every
web service deployed and this burdens project with a lot of generated files.

As Geronimo has inbuilt axis2 container running, all we need to do for
deploying a web service is place the WSDL file in WEB-INF if using it as a
Servlet or placing it in META-INF if using EJB Service endpoint, and
magically Geronimo creates all necessary stubs required for accessing the
service.

So, if we are able to create WSDL file according to Java and WS-* standards,
I assume that we can have JAX-WS compliant web services deployed onto
Geronimo.

As pointed by this link
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/developing-a-simple-calculator-web-service.html.
I have successfully deployed the web service though most of the steps are
not necessary in the deployment process.

I have also prepared sample applications and How-To's for Building a POJO
web service and building JAX-WS stateless session EJB web services. I would
also like to have access to submit new documentation.

As in Geronimo all we need to do is create a WSDL file compliant to
standards, we can use jaxws-tools.bat from server installation directory. I
am also working on developing a new wizard which works on the lines of
Eclipse WTP Web Services Wizard for creating Geronimo web services without
depending on WTP.

Comments and feedback are welcome.

Thanks,

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 7:53 AM, Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com> wrote: