geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Kirby" <ted.ki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Websphere to Geronimo
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:45:05 GMT
>> I have an EAR file deployed using the WebSphere v6.0 runtime
>> and I would want it to run using Apache Geronimo. or wouldn't it be
>> possible?

There is a tool available to help going the other way, migrating from
Geronimo to WAS.  See
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0804_stelzer/0804_stelzer.html.
Jacek is right, you'd have to manually port the EAR to Geronimo, and
add the appropriate Geronimo-specific deployment plans.  GEP can help.
 After you port your EAR to Geronimo, you should be able to keep both
the WAS- and Geronimo-specific deployment plans in the EAR so that it
may be deployed on WAS or Geronimo.

Ted Kirby