geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Kirby" <ted.ki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r669363 - in /geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk/plugins: org.apache.geronimo.st.core/ org.apache.geronimo.st.ui/ org.apache.geronimo.st.v20.core/ org.apache.geronimo.st.v20.ui/ org.apache.geronimo.st.v21.core/ org.apache.geronimo
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 16:09:21 GMT
On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 11:42 PM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 18, 2008, at 10:13 PM, tkirby@apache.org wrote:
>
> Author: tkirby
> Date: Wed Jun 18 19:13:06 2008
> New Revision: 669363

> Log:
> GERONIMODEVTOOLS-397 Bouncy Castle License and Notice needs proper exposure
> in GEP files
> add more missed files: notice and license files for each plugin
>
> Added:
>    geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk/plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.core/LICENSE.txt
>   (with props)
>    geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk/plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.core/NOTICE.txt
>   (with props)
>    geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk/plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.ui/LICENSE.txt
>   (with props)
>    geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk/plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.ui/NOTICE.txt
>   (with props)
>    geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk/plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.v20.core/LICENSE.txt
>   (with props)
>    geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk/plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.v20.core/NOTICE.txt
>   (with props)
>    geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk/plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.v20.ui/LICENSE.txt
>   (with props)
>    geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk/plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.v20.ui/NOTICE.txt
>   (with props)
>    geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk/plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.v21.core/LICENSE.txt
>   (with props)
>    geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk/plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.v21.core/NOTICE.txt
>   (with props)
>    geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk/plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.v21.ui/LICENSE.txt
>   (with props)
>    geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk/plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.v21.ui/NOTICE.txt
>   (with props)
>

> Hi Ted,
> Moving forward, definitely want to start using the
> maven-remote-resources-plugin to automatically install the
> default LICENSE/NOTICE files. See framework/modules/geronimo-crypto for an
> example of how you handle the non-default cases.

I am not seeing what is going on here.  In g211, everything seems to
have their own NOTICE.txt file, and geronimo-crypto has the extra
Bouncy Castle notice.  In trunk, nothing has NOTICE.txt file, and I
see nothing in geronimo-crypto that inserts a notice.

In terms of applicability to GEP, it seems this could apply to
org.apache.geronimo.runtime.* plugins.
They seem to be built differently now.
Tim, do you know if the current approach is becuase of eclipse, and if
the new approach Kevan is suggesting will work with eclipse?

Thanks,
Ted