geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Kirby" <ted.ki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r669363 - in /geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk/plugins: org.apache.geronimo.st.core/ org.apache.geronimo.st.ui/ org.apache.geronimo.st.v20.core/ org.apache.geronimo.st.v20.ui/ org.apache.geronimo.st.v21.core/ org.apache.geronimo
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 04:21:38 GMT
No.  This notice file adds:

Portions of the Eclipse Geronimo Server Adapter were originally developed by
International Business Machines Corporation and are
licensed to the Apache Software Foundation under the
"Software Grant and Corporate Contribution License Agreement",
informally known as the "Eclipse Geronimo Server Adapter CLA".

This is legacy stuff from 1.0, I believe.  There is also this text in
the COPYRIGHT file:

The following copyright notice(s) were affixed to portions of the code
with which this file is now or was at one time distributed
and are placed here unaltered.

/*******************************************************************************
 * Copyright (c) 2005 IBM Corporation and others.
 * All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials
 * are made available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0
 * which accompanies this distribution, and is available at
 * http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html
 *
 * Contributors:
 *     IBM Corporation - Initial API and implementation
 *******************************************************************************/

I wonder if this COPYRIGHT file could be gotten rid of in light of the
text in the above notice file?

The plugin org.apache.geronimo.runtime.v21 includes geronimo-crypto,
and org.apache.geronimo.runtime.v20 includes the 2.0 equivalent jar
geronimo-util, with bouncy castle notices.

Perhaps I should have opened another JIRA, but what I also did in this
one was try to put the proper notices in each plugin directory, and
then propogate these notices up to the features that include the
various plugins.  At present (before JIRA 399), there are two
different and unique notices in all of the plugins: Bouncy Castle, and
the IBM one above.  In this commit, I supply the IBM notice in the
applicable plugin directories.  I intended everything to come in one
commit, but noticed a bit later I had missed checking in these bits...

And yeah, automating this stuff sounds like a real good idea.  I'll
have to look into using the plugins you have referenced.

Thanks!

Ted