geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: RESTful Web Services support in Geronimo
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 08:11:14 GMT
On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 8:19 AM, Sainath Chowdary
<sainathdreams@gmail.com> wrote:

> So you are telling me that there is no way to deploy a RESTful web service
> in Geronimo that we are currently using until Axis2 is upgraded or is there
> any fix that we can use to deploy REST services?

You can use Geronimo with CXF. The beauty of Geronimo is that you can
mix and match whatever platform you're interested in - Axis doesn't
work well? Use CXF.

If you use Geronimo/Tomcat distro run Geronimo with
-Dorg.apache.geronimo.jaxws.provider=cxf to enable CXF or switch to
Geronimo/Jetty where CXF is the default Web Services platform. See
var/config/config.xml. The relevant snippet is as follows:

    <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/cxf-deployer/2.1.1/car"
condition="props['org.apache.geronimo.jaxws.provider'] == 'cxf' or
(props['org.apache.geronimo.jaxws.provider'] == null and
webcontainerName == 'jetty6')"/>

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski