geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From heden75 <>
Subject Re: Liferay as a Geronimo Plugin
Date Sat, 28 Jun 2008 10:14:07 GMT

I am using the geronimo-tomcat-liferay and it is working fine so thanks again
Peter. However I cannot deploy any new war I guess because it is a
minimalistic server version... How do I install new geronimo plugins ?

I tried to make it through Geronimo console webpage but there is also no "
Applications > Plugins" link.

Peter Petersson-2 wrote:
> Hi
> If you want a sneak peak (before i wrap things up) you can
> svn co
> but remember this is still a moving target so there are no guarantees it
> will work at the time you decide to check it out ;) although right now
> (2008-06-25) it is in good shape.
> As always, any suggestions, opinions, tips or help to pull this together
> in the best way possible are appreciated.
> (For instance it would be cool to also get jetty running.)
> regards
>    peter petersson
> Peter Petersson wrote:
>> Hi
>> With the help of David J custom server assemblies document (
>> ) and
>> my experience working with David on the roller plugin I have manage to
>> put together a Liferay ( ) plugin. For now the
>> plugin is with liferay 5.0.1 rc1 on G 2.1.1 and consists of the
>> following maven artifacts
>> * geronimo-jetty-liferay -- A minimalistic server assembly with the
>> geronimo kernel the lifray jetty plugin and the geronimo console plugin.
>> * liferay-jetty -- The liferay jetty plugin built on the lesslibs
>> liferay-portal war pulling in dependencys like lifray -kernel,
>> -service and -portlet.
>> * geronimo-tomcat-liferay -- A minimalistic server as above but with
>> the liferay tomcat plugin.
>> * liferay-tomcat -- The liferay tomcat plugin as liferay-jetty above
>> but with tomcat.
>> * liferay-derby -- The liferay derby db backend plugin.
>> * lifray-portal -- The liferay portal war fetched from liferay and
>> pulled in to a local maven repos.
>> * liferay-portal-lesslibs -- A overlay of the liferay portal war with
>> filtered lib jars making use of some geronimo builtins instead.
>> The geronimo-tomcat-liferay server seems to work fine but the jetty
>> equivalent has a issue in the login page. When I have ironed out the
>> jetty issue, cleaned up the code, made some additional improvements
>> and put together a simple readme with build instructions ;) I am
>> thinking of wrapping it up and first of all contribute it to the
>> liferay community ( as suggested by david in
>> ) to see if
>> they are interested in it for there geronimo integration.
>> Anny suggestions, opinions, tips or help to pull this together in the
>> best way possible are appreciated.
>> regards
>>  peter petersson

Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Dev mailing list archive at

View raw message