geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Analytics
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 15:41:22 GMT

>>> c1vamsi1c@gmail.com <mailto:c1vamsi1c@gmail.com>
>>> davanum@gmail.com
>>> dblevins@visi.com
>>> eljotpl@gmail.com
>>> gnodet@gmail.com
>>> goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com
>>> hcunico@gmail.com
>>> jason.dillon@gmail.com
>>> jaydmchugh@gmail.com
>>> jgawor@gmail.com
>>> jrsisson@gmail.com
>>> kevan.miller@gmail.com
>>> paulmcmahan@gmail.com
>>> rickmcg@gmail.com
>>> sppatel2@gmail.com
>>> tim.mcconne@gmail.com
>>>

>>> You don't need a gmail address, just a google account.  So if
>>> you're not in the above list, just get someone in the above list
>>> to add your google account.
>>>
>>> Just visit http://www.google.com/analytics/ to log in and view the
>>> data.  It'll be a day or two before we see much of anything.
>> Thanks David.
>> I've added everyone that's requested access to date, except Dan
>> Becker. I gave all PMC members "Administrator" access. Committers
>> have "User" access.
>> What should we do about non-committers requesting access? I don't
>> know why we wouldn't make this information available to anyone who
>> asks.
>> Are there any general privacy issues? If there are, then we should
>> be aware of these issues, even if we don't open up access.
>> If people are interested, I see we can set up a regular email of
>> reports.
>> --kevan
>

> Thanks Kevan!  It works for me.
>
> I don't think the information poses any privacy issue concerns so I
> think it would be ok to open it up to non-committers.  Should we be
> concerned that somebody could use this against us in some fashion -
> perhaps to demonstrate how some other project is getting more
> interest than G based on hit volumes?  If that is not a concern then
> I think an email report to dev would perhaps lessen the need to
> manage a large list of non-committers.

Don't know how the data might be used. But don't think we have
anything to hide, either...

I wouldn't want to cause email clutter with reports. Not sure if
reports can be grouped in a single email, etc. Also not sure what
information might be useful. For now, I might just let  people access
the data. If we think email reports would be useful, then we can set
that up at anytime...

So, I would give PMC members "Administrator" rights to the group,
committers and anyone who asks "User" rights to the groups. Anyone see
issues with that?

--kevan