geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Testsuite updates
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 12:44:45 GMT
Folks, I've finished cleaning up some of the testsuite, a few issues
that I see remain, like splitting those ear|war modules up to remove
the need for extra maven configuration in modules to run the tests.

Looks like there are some legitimate failures in the console-
testsuite, which I've no idea how to fix ATM.

The shitty-maven-plugin now runs all of the tests from the top-level
testsuite module directory, using the intermediate modules only to
hold common configuration.  And all of the child modules use the same
assembly installation as well as selenium configuration.  You can
still run parts of the tests, just by configuring -Dtests for the
shitty plugin, as in:

     cd testsuite
     mvn -Dtests=console-testsuite/advance

^^^ which will run all of the tests for the console-testsuite/advanced
testsuite module.

Or

     cd testsuite
     mvn -Dtests=console-testsuite/\*

^^^ which will run all of the console-testsuite modules.  Separate
additional tests with a comma.

A lot of duplicate configuration was dropped, the need for profiles in
child modules has been removed, and IMO the whole thing has become a
lot simpler and easier to grok.

I may fix up the remain problems I've found soon, but I have to get
some other bits finished first.

Cheers,

--jason