geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Plugins for Geronimo 2.1.1
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 17:10:01 GMT

On May 12, 2008, at 9:07 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> Now that we have released Geronimo 2.1.1 it seems that we need to
> release the plugins for that server release.
>
> I know that we need to release the Samples and Sample plugins (I
> started another thread on this .... we've actually never released
> those for 2.1 either).
>
> We also need to release a new version of the Apache Directory
> plugin.  I can look into that if nobody beats me to it.
>
> Are there other plugins that we should be looking to release?  I
> don't think we've ever released the spring or roller plugins ... is
> that correct?

yes.  I don't thing the spring plugin actually exists in any sense of
being usable, but I couldn't tell much about it the last time I
looked.  Roller used to work but there were unresolved licensing
arguments on legal-discuss about the mysql plugin.

I would much rather we tried to come up with a 2.1-2.1.1 "adapter"
plugin that installs a lot of mappings into artifact-aliases than we
republish all the 2.1 plugins as 2.1.1 plugins.  With such set of
mappings all the 2.1 plugins should work on 2.1.1.

thanks
david jencks