geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why no Debian package of Geronimo
Date Sun, 18 May 2008 21:02:49 GMT

On May 18, 2008, at 2:29 PM, Peter Petersson wrote:

> Hi Jontto
>
> Upps! I did not realize I was reading the dev list and answering a
> question addressed to a geronimo developer  ;). FYI I am not a
> geronimo developer just a user but I hope my contribution to the
> discussion make sens anyway.

Peter,
Anyone is welcome to contribute to our developer's mailing list. Your
response was quite appropriate, I think. I certainly appreciated your
perspective... :-) So, thank you very much!

> Peter Petersson wrote:
>> Hi Jontto
>>
>> I have been following debian (and lately ubuntu) development for
>> some years now and I think this question should also be asked (or
>> even better asked) in the debian mailing list in particular the
>> debian-java list http://lists.debian.org/debian-java/ I think the
>> java team in debian would find geronimo to be fairly simple to
>> repackage to suite the linux FHS (Filesystem Hierarchy Standard)
>> and additional stuff they would have to change or add for it to be
>> a suitable debian/ubuntu package.

That sounds good. If there are things that our community can do to
help encourage/enable this, please let us know!

--kevan