geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Need some advice on how to include repository/* bits in the boilerplate
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 16:13:41 GMT

On May 12, 2008, at 11:26 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> On May 13, 2008, at 1:14 AM, David Jencks wrote:
>> So including the dependencies you need for gshell in the
>> boilerplate's pom would get them into the geronimo repo.  As I said
>> transitive dependencies don't result in inclusion at the moment for
>> rather good reasons.  I don't know what the <include> tag would do
>> but it's probably worth investigating.
> What <include> tag are you talking about?

As usual I get include and import confused.  See

  under import dependencies.  I find the docs pretty unclear about
whether actual dependencies (rather than dependency management
sections) get imported into the using pom's dependencies or are
ignored or something else.

I'll see if I can do an experiment to see if/how this works.

It does require maven 2.0.9

david jencks

> I guess I'm gonna try to make plugins for the gshell dependencies,
> these 3:
>    gshell-framework - just the core bits required to make gshell work
>    gshell-geronimo - our additional commands to work with the server
> + their deps
>    gshell-remote - the remote/whisper commands
> I must say I'm really quite frustrated at the lack of transitive
> dependency support here.  As this means that alot of the
> dependencyManagement configuration which is already in the GShell
> poms need to be duplicated into the Geronimo poms, making version
> management even more of a nightmare.
> :-(
> Well, I started to add these cars to framework/configs, but I must
> admit I really am clueless for how this stuff works now.
> :-(
> --jason

View raw message