geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Yoko ORB subproject 1.0
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 14:24:59 GMT
I'm seeing problems that need to be addressed.

RAT shows the following files are missing Apache src license headers:

  ==./yoko-1.0/distribution/src/main/samples/ws/bank_ws_addressing/
BankWS-corba.idl

  ==./yoko-1.0/distribution/src/main/samples/ws/bank_ws_addressing/
BankWS-corba.wsdl

  ==./yoko-1.0/etc/third_party_licenses/CDDL-license.txt

  ==./yoko-1.0/etc/third_party_licenses/antlr-bsd-license.txt

  ==./yoko-1.0/etc/third_party_licenses/wsdl4j-cpl-license.txt

  ==./yoko-1.0/rmi-impl/pom.xml

  ==./yoko-1.0/rmi-spec/pom.xml

  ==./yoko-1.0/yoko-spec-corba/pom.xml

The third_party_licenses files wouldn't need license headers, of
course. However, it doesn't look like we're actually including these
projects in the Yoko binaries. So, I think we should delete these
license files/directory (and any references to them).

The LICENSE files include the following license information:

    Object Management Group (OMG) classes

         /***** Copyright (c) 1999 Object Management Group. Unlimited
rights to
          duplicate and use this code are hereby granted provided that
this
          copyright notice is included.
         *****/

I note that files such as yoko-1.0/yoko-spec-corba/src/main/java/org/
omg/Messaging/MaxHopsPolicyHelper.java have an Apache src license
header. Personally, I think they should not have an Apache src license
header. These files are not Apache licensed, they are OMG licensed.
Perhaps there's been discussion of this, in the past that you can
point me to?

--kevan