geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with hiding asm classes
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 12:52:27 GMT

On May 26, 2008, at 8:50 AM, Manu George wrote:

> Hi,
>      A user faced a problem with the hidden-classes element not
> working for asm classes. The reason was the optimized class loading
> mechanism which does not check if the classes are hidden before the
> block below
>
>       //
>        // No dice, let's offer the primordial loader a shot...
>        //
>        try {
>        	return resolveClass(findSystemClass(name), resolve);
>        } catch (ClassNotFoundException cnfe) {
>        	// ignore...just being a good citizen.
>        }
>
> I was able to get this to work by reverting to the safe method of
> finding classes via the system property
> -DXorg.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MPCLSearchOption=safe
>
> Is this expected behaviour or should I open a JIRA?

Doh... I'd certainly call it a bug. I think the expectation was that
the primordial classloader would be loading the JSE classes, not
geronimo/library classes. Note the difference in the checking between
loadSafeClass() and loadOptimizedClass() for this case. I don't think
this was intentional.

--kevan