geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ASF hosted machines for TCK testing
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 17:20:10 GMT

On May 15, 2008, at 11:22 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> On May 14, 2008, at 10:32 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

>>> Those machines are owned by IBM. IBM would be happy to donate them
>>> to the ASF. However, they then become a potential support
>>> annoyance/headache/migraine for Infra. IIUC, it's simpler, more
>>> manageable, etc to buy new, standard hardware and roll it into
>>> mainstream ASF infrastructure.
>>
>> Um... that is not what I had understood, I was under the impression
>> that AMD donated them to the Geronimo project for TCK mucky muckski.
>
> AMD donated them to Geronimo.  They are "owned" by the project.

They could have been donated for use by Geronimo or GBuild. However,
they can't be "owned" by Geronimo. The Geronimo project can't own
anything... The ASF can own things, but not individual projects.

I have no problems with someone/something donating the machines to the
ASF. However, I doubt they want them. They would become an admin
liability for ASF Infra.

--kevan