geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Need some advice on how to include repository/* bits in the boilerplate
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 14:30:21 GMT
On May 14, 2008, at 3:23 AM, Donald Woods wrote:
> I'm against the continued usage of the gshell-embeddable jar, as it
> hides the fact that we are including other depends in our server
> assemblies and will just likely cause more version conflicts and
> duplicate depends in the future.  Maybe if you get the car-maven-
> plugin updated for transitive depends and mismatched versions, then
> we can just create a new gshell-framework pom that lets gshell tell
> us and the car-maven-plugin which depends to pull in....

And it just occurred to me that not using gshell-embedabble, at least
to pick up the plexus support classes which gshell requires may in
fact break other things, since gshell uses a much newer version of
plexus than maven does, meaning that inclusion of the newer stuff
could break some code depending on the other version.

But we'll have to see...

--jason