geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Need some advice on how to include repository/* bits in the boilerplate
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 06:43:37 GMT

On May 15, 2008, at 5:36 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Hey, so now the plugins are doing the trick... yay... thanks David!
>
> But, now I'm wondering, when the server loads, it shows those
> plugins loading, which is fine I guess... but I'm wondering if they
> are eating up memory or building classpath muck that is never going
> to be used by the server (or well, not until we get support for
> running an rshd instance in the server).

Hmm, how are they added to the config?  If they are ancestors of j2ee-
system then they get into the base geronimo classloader.  Most likely
they are getting started but the resulting classloader is not a parent
of anything.

We can prevent them from even starting by having another "server"
configuration that they are specified for in the plugin goo, similar
to how the client-* plugins work.

thanks
david jencks

> --jason
>

> On May 14, 2008, at 2:38 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>

>> On May 13, 2008, at 6:02 PM, Donald Woods wrote:
>>
>>> Attached patch includes other changes, like moving to jaxb 2.1,
>>> some security changes, ....
>>
>> I thought I left out the security changes, sorry.  Comes from
>> trying to do too many things at once :-(
>>>

>>> Other comments attached to GERONIMO-4013.
>>
>> I may have been unclear.  I wasn't suggesting my initial
>> GERONIMO-4013 patch was suitable to be committed, but that it might
>> let us figure out some of the problems with  the idea of the car-
>> maven-plugin including maven transitive dependencies before we
>> broke everything at once.  In particular it looks to me as if the
>> dependencies for the gshell-* plugins are too all-inclusive and was
>> wondering what to do about this.
>>
>> For instance, I have no problem with removing gshell-embeddable,
>> but would prefer to get the car-maven-plugin working better before
>> attacking that problem.
>>
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>

>>> -Donald