geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to stop loading of default certificate
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 16:36:33 GMT
On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1vamsi1c@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jarek,
>
> One reason for introducing the certKeystoreTypes is that the PKCS12
> keystoreType in Sun JRE 5.0 does not allow storing of trusted certificates
> where as the one in IBM JRE 5.0 does allow storing of trusted certificates.
> Instead of letting the user figure it out, I thought it is better done
> before presenting a choice to the user.
>
> Irrespective of this certKeystoreTypes member, we will have to prevent these
> special keystore type entries from making into the supported keystore types
> since "Windows-MY" and "Windows-ROOT" type keystores don't behave in the
> same way as other keystores.

I still think that we should let the user figure out which keystore to
use or not but for now I decided to just ignore the "Windows-MY" and
"Windows-ROOT" keystores. I attached a patch with these changes to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3864. If there are no
objections to the patch I'll commit it tomorrow.

Jarek