geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <>
Subject Re: Testsuite updates
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 15:03:27 GMT
Maybe I don't quite understand but why can't I just cd into any
testsuite directory and run mvn install from there to run all tests
(including tests of sub modules if any)?

Also, when I run tests with -Dtests= option, maven is installing and
starting a server. That's fine when I run the tests automatically but
when debugging I want maven to run tests against   a running server.
That's what -P child used to do for me. Is there a way to do it now?

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 8:44 AM, Jason Dillon <> wrote:
> Folks, I've finished cleaning up some of the testsuite, a few issues that I
> see remain, like splitting those ear|war modules up to remove the need for
> extra maven configuration in modules to run the tests.
> Looks like there are some legitimate failures in the console-testsuite,
> which I've no idea how to fix ATM.
> The shitty-maven-plugin now runs all of the tests from the top-level
> testsuite module directory, using the intermediate modules only to hold
> common configuration.  And all of the child modules use the same assembly
> installation as well as selenium configuration.  You can still run parts of
> the tests, just by configuring -Dtests for the shitty plugin, as in:
>    cd testsuite
>    mvn -Dtests=console-testsuite/advance
> ^^^ which will run all of the tests for the console-testsuite/advanced
> testsuite module.
> Or
>    cd testsuite
>    mvn -Dtests=console-testsuite/\*
> ^^^ which will run all of the console-testsuite modules.  Separate
> additional tests with a comma.
> A lot of duplicate configuration was dropped, the need for profiles in child
> modules has been removed, and IMO the whole thing has become a lot simpler
> and easier to grok.
> I may fix up the remain problems I've found soon, but I have to get some
> other bits finished first.
> Cheers,
> --jason

View raw message