geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to stop loading of default certificate
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 19:40:57 GMT
Well, the problem is that the org.apache.geronimo.crypto.KeystoreUtil
(in static block) goes through all the KeyStore providers and tests if
they support storing a certificate. That test causes that window to be
displayed on Windows with Java 1.6. The KeystoreUtil keeps a list of
the providers which supporting storing a certificate in a public
certKeystoreTypes variable. However, I cannot find a single reference
to that variable in the entire Geronimo code.

If there are no external references to that certKeystoreTypes variable
maybe we should just remove that piece of code altogether (that
particular test and the variable). If there are external references we
can either make it empty or set it to a list that contains all
KeyStore providers (since there is no easy way to figure out if the
KeyStore supports certificates or not and without causing other side
effects like on Windows, AFAIK).

Thoughts?

Jarek