geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject public keys for releases
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 15:05:05 GMT
When we publish a release we need to ensure that our public KEY Is
available for validation.

I had previously stored my public key in two locations:
- Submitted to http://pgp.mit.edu/.
- Added into https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/KEYS

However, I was informed by ASF Infra back when I did my first release
that my key wasn't available and I needed to add it to:
- http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/KEYS

The only way that I knew of to add this was to manually edit this file.
  Is there a better way?  Was there once some automation that synced our
svn version of the KEYS file to the distribution version but is no
longer working?  I was going to add the directions to update the file
manually to our Geronimo Release Process doc but perhaps we need to fix
some automation instead.  Does anybody know?

Joe