geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Plugins and JVM version
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 14:46:13 GMT
Jarek Gawor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While looking at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4089
> one of the problems I discovered was that all of our plugins require
> Java 1.5 at runtime (geronimo-plugin.xml has
> <jvm-version>1.5</jvm-version> entry). So even assuming we built
> Geronimo with Java 1.5 but we are running with 1.6, none of the
> plugins will install. So the question is, should the
> geronimo-plugin.xml specify both Java versions or should it not list
> any version at all? Same issue applies to the sample plugins.

I don't know why we specify the Java version for plugins.  When already
have some restrictions on the level of Java specified in the server
itself ... so it seems redundant and unnecessary to call it out in the
plugins in general.  We could special case this dependency if there is
ever a need for a specific java version by a plugin when the server
supports multiple versions.

Joe