geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Google Analytics
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 15:03:27 GMT
Kevan Miller wrote:

> On May 15, 2008, at 2:32 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>
>> Setup google analytics on all our spaces and added everyone who's a
>> committer who I could easily find a gmail address for.
>>
>> bruce.snyder@gmail.com <mailto:bruce.snyder@gmail.com>
>> c1vamsi1c@gmail.com <mailto:c1vamsi1c@gmail.com>
>> davanum@gmail.com
>> dblevins@visi.com
>> eljotpl@gmail.com
>> gnodet@gmail.com
>> goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com
>> hcunico@gmail.com
>> jason.dillon@gmail.com
>> jaydmchugh@gmail.com
>> jgawor@gmail.com
>> jrsisson@gmail.com
>> kevan.miller@gmail.com
>> paulmcmahan@gmail.com
>> rickmcg@gmail.com
>> sppatel2@gmail.com
>> tim.mcconne@gmail.com
>>

>> You don't need a gmail address, just a google account.  So if you're
>> not in the above list, just get someone in the above list to add your
>> google account.
>>
>> Just visit http://www.google.com/analytics/ to log in and view the
>> data.  It'll be a day or two before we see much of anything.
>
> Thanks David.
>
> I've added everyone that's requested access to date, except Dan Becker.
>
> I gave all PMC members "Administrator" access. Committers have "User"
> access.
>
> What should we do about non-committers requesting access? I don't know
> why we wouldn't make this information available to anyone who asks.
>
> Are there any general privacy issues? If there are, then we should be
> aware of these issues, even if we don't open up access.
>
> If people are interested, I see we can set up a regular email of reports.
>
> --kevan

Thanks Kevan!  It works for me.

I don't think the information poses any privacy issue concerns so I
think it would be ok to open it up to non-committers.  Should we be
concerned that somebody could use this against us in some fashion -
perhaps to demonstrate how some other project is getting more interest
than G based on hit volumes?  If that is not a concern then I think an
email report to dev would perhaps lessen the need to manage a large list
of non-committers.

Joe