geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need some advice on how to include repository/* bits in the boilerplate
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 20:23:41 GMT
Well, changes were already checked into trunk about 20 miins. before
your email....

The changes need to also go into branches/2.1, because right now we have
different/duplicate versions of some depends included in Geronimo 2.1.x
and 2.2, due to the gshell-embeddable jarfile, which was created using
the shade-maven-plugin and no one noticed the mismatched depends and the
fact that Geronimo is actually including additional plexus and gshell
jars that are not visible in our repository, due to shade extracting
them and repackaging them into this uber gshell-embeddable jar.....

I'm for fixing the transitive depend mechanism in car-maven-plugin, as
long as it correctly handles different versions between the server and
other projects, with the server/pom.xml specified versions always winning.

I'm against the continued usage of the gshell-embeddable jar, as it
hides the fact that we are including other depends in our server
assemblies and will just likely cause more version conflicts and
duplicate depends in the future.  Maybe if you get the car-maven-plugin
updated for transitive depends and mismatched versions, then we can just
create a new gshell-framework pom that lets gshell tell us and the
car-maven-plugin which depends to pull in....

-Donald