geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ASF hosted machines for TCK testing
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 17:43:41 GMT
If we want to run multiple images on a machine, then I'd up the
requirements to 2 or 4 way AMD/Intel Quad core with a minimum of 8GB RAM
for 4 cores and 16GB for 8 cores.  That way, you can have 2 or 3 images
running through the buckets at full force, while having another image
there for debugging test failures or for testing out new depend levels
before dropping it into the build (like Tomcat 6.0.16...)

Two 2xQuad machines would be great (these come in 1U vs. 2U or more for
4xQuad) and with 8GB RAM each and as much disk space as possible for
storing multiple vm images per release (Geronimo 2.1.2 and 2.2.)

-Donald