geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release Yoko ORB subproject 1.0, RC2
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 19:05:07 GMT
All,

I've prepared a release candidate of Geronimo Yoko ORB 1.0 for your
review and vote.  This version has the corrected copyright dates in the
NOTICES files and also corrected the missing headers in the poms.  The
extraneous license files and the ws sample in distribution have been
deleted.  These were relics of the web services binding support that was
adopted by the CXF project.

The source for the Yoko ORB release currently resides here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/yoko/tags/yoko-1.0

This will also be the final tag version if the release vote is approved.

The maven artifacts for the release can be found here:
http://people.apache.org/~rickmcguire/staging-repo/yoko

There are 4 different components involved here, the core, rmi-impl,
rmi-spec, and yoko-corba-spec.  Each components has a jar file and also
generated javadoc and source jars.  For convenience, the artifacts can
be located using these URLs:

http://people.apache.org/~rickmcguire/staging-repo/yoko/org/apache/yoko/yoko-core/1.0/

http://people.apache.org/~rickmcguire/staging-repo/yoko/org/apache/yoko/rmi-impl/1.0/

http://people.apache.org/~rickmcguire/staging-repo/yoko/org/apache/yoko/rmi-spec/1.0/

http://people.apache.org/~rickmcguire/staging-repo/yoko/org/apache/yoko/yoko-corba-spec/1.0/

When the release vote is approved, these maven artifacts will be moved
to the m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository at Apache.

[ ] +1 Release Yoko 1.0
[ ] 0 No opinion
[ ] -1 Do not release Yoko 1.0 (please provide rationale)

I'll plan on calling this vote on Thursday afternoon (4 PM EST).

Rick