geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Plugins for Geronimo 2.1.1
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 18:35:01 GMT
David Jencks wrote:

> On May 12, 2008, at 9:07 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:
>
>> Now that we have released Geronimo 2.1.1 it seems that we need to
>> release the plugins for that server release.
>>
>> I know that we need to release the Samples and Sample plugins (I
>> started another thread on this .... we've actually never released
>> those for 2.1 either).
>>
>> We also need to release a new version of the Apache Directory plugin.
>> I can look into that if nobody beats me to it.
>>
>> Are there other plugins that we should be looking to release?  I don't
>> think we've ever released the spring or roller plugins ... is that
>> correct?
>
> yes.  I don't thing the spring plugin actually exists in any sense of
> being usable, but I couldn't tell much about it the last time I looked.
> Roller used to work but there were unresolved licensing arguments on
> legal-discuss about the mysql plugin.
>
> I would much rather we tried to come up with a 2.1-2.1.1 "adapter"
> plugin that installs a lot of mappings into artifact-aliases than we
> republish all the 2.1 plugins as 2.1.1 plugins.  With such set of
> mappings all the 2.1 plugins should work on 2.1.1.

Thanks for the feedback David.  I'll give this adapter idea some more
thought.  It certainly would be nice to have a way to make plugins
available to a new release without having to re-release the plugins.  In
either case, we need to get some 2.1 plugins (such as samples) released.
  Rather than releasing any 2.1.1 plugins I'll see if we can come up
with an alternative solution (such as your adapter idea) first.