geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: plugin repository for 2.1.1
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 17:44:37 GMT
Donald Woods wrote:
> Seems that we need a unique plugin repo for each release, given how we
> now build plugins based on the content in pom.xml instead of supplying a
> separate plugin file....  Maybe there are some additional
> car-maven-plugin enhancements needed, so you can define a range or that
> any sever release is supported by the plugin/car being built.  Or maybe
>  as David Jencks has suggested elsewhere, we need to setup the
> artifact_aliases.properties in each server release to alias prior
> releases (like 2.1 and 2.1.1) to the current release (which would be
> 2.1.2 for the next release.)

Heh ... funny you should mention this now.  I came the same conclusion
yesterday as well (ie. we need a catalog per release given our current
process for creating the plugins).  I've decided that we need a catalog
per release for those already out the door and we can think of getting
more creative for future releases.

Joe