geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Virtual Host Config and Deployment Issue
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 20:09:55 GMT
It looks OK to me and I have the very same config working on my machine. I'm running this on
Windows though.

Could it be some "poison" character messing around in the config.xml; maybe at the end of
<attribute name="initParams">name=elitesa.com  !?

Can somebody else with a Mac take a quick look at this? I copied and pasted this conf on my
machine and got it working

Cheers!
Hernan

John wrote:
> Hernan Cunico wrote:
>> Opening the console on the two virtual hosts only confirms you can 
>> resolve the host name alias but not the virtual host configuration.
>> The error you get at deployment time is because the deployer does not 
>> know the virtual host you specified in the plan. I would say you look 
>> into the config.xml and check if you are missing anything from the 
>> sample on the doc.
>> You should have something like this sample right after the <module 
>> name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.1/car"> in the config.xml.
>>
>> <gbean gbeanInfo="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.HostGBean" 
>> name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.1/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.1/car,j2eeType=Host,name=exampleVirtualHost_1">

>>
>> <attribute 
>> name="className">org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost</attribute>
>> <attribute name="initParams">name=example.com
>>       appBase=
>>       workDir=work</attribute>
>> </gbean>
>>
>> That's all you need for configuring one virtual host in Geronimo with 
>> Tomcat.
> 
> Hernan,
> 
> Thanks for your response.  Here is my gbean definition, right after the 
> <module name="..."> line in my config.xml:
> 
>  <gbean 
> name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.1/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.1/car,j2eeType=Host,name=TomcatVirtualHost_1"

> gbeanInfo="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.HostGBean">
>            <attribute 
> name="className">org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost</attribute>
>            <attribute name="initParams">name=elitesa.com
>            appBase=
>            workDir=work</attribute>
>  </gbean>
> 
> Here is my complete, unedited, deployment plan:
> 
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0">
>    <environment>
>        <moduleId>
>            <groupId>com.esa.hosting</groupId>
>            <artifactId>ChangePassword</artifactId>
>            <version>2.1</version>
>            <type>war</type>
>        </moduleId>
>        <dependencies>
>            <dependency>
>                <groupId>console.dbpool</groupId>
>                <artifactId>MailSystem</artifactId>
>            </dependency>
>        </dependencies>
>    </environment>
>    <context-root>/changePassword</context-root>
>    <host>elitesa.com</host>
>    <resource-ref>
>        <ref-name>jdbc/MailSystem</ref-name>
>        <resource-link>jdbc/MailSystem</resource-link>
>    </resource-ref>
> </web-app>
> 
> As you can see, both the "name=" from the config.xml definition and the 
> host entry in the deployment plan match up.  I am performing a command 
> line deployment with the geronimo-web.xml deployment plan at WEB-INF 
> within my WAR file.  Yet, I still receive this error:
> 
> The service 
> J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=WebModule,name=com.esa.hosting/ChangePassword/2.1/war 
> did not start because Invalid virtual host 'elitesa.com'.  Do you have a 
> matching Host entry in the plan?
> 
>    at 
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:485)

> 
>    ... 41 more
>    Error: Operation failed: start of
>    com.esa.hosting/ChangePassword/2.1/war failed
> 
>        Unknown start exception
> 
>        Configuration com.esa.hosting/ChangePassword/2.1/war failed to
>    start due to the following reasons:
> 
>      The service
>    
> J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=WebModule,name=com.esa.hosting/ChangePassword/2.1/war 
> 
>    did not start because Invalid virtual host 'elitesa.com'.  Do you
>    have a matching Host entry in the plan?
> 
> I agree that it should be just as easy as you say, however, it isn't for 
> me.
> 
> Thanks again,
> John
> 
> 

Mime
View raw message