geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: naming connection pools with a "/" in the name
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 14:40:01 GMT
David Jencks wrote:

> On Apr 30, 2008, at 2:14 PM, Hernan Cunico wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> When creating a connection pool and naming it in this from
>> "jdbc/something", the connection pool get created correctly.
>>
>> When I check the available connectors however, this pool is listed as
>> "console.dbpool/jdbc%2Fsomething/1.0/rar". So, when I define a
>> dependency in a deployment plan I have to use "jdbc%2Fsomething"
>> instead of "jdbc/something"
>>
>> I found 2 JIRAs (GERONIMO-2284 and GERONIMO-2314) mentioning the "%2F".
>>
>> Is there any chance (or limitation) to use "%2F" only for creating the
>> directories in the repo but having Geronimo to understand the
>> requirement for a "/" in the dep plans instead of a "%2F"?
>>
>> This is leading to confusion as I am able to create a data source with
>> a "/" in the name but not able to use it when referencing to the pool
>> from a plan.
>
> I'm pretty sure we encode artifact names as uris all over the place so
> we'd have to move the encoding into the uri creating/parsing code.
>
> I'd be more tempted to prohibit "/" from artifactIds.
>
> Note that  this issue is about the name of the module/plugin, NOT the
> name of the datasource gbean, which is what is used in persistence.xml
> and jndi resource-ref setup configuration.  There is no problem naming a
> datasource jdbc/foo

That's the thing, if there is no problem naming a datasource jdbc/foo then
there should be no problem in referencing it.

As it is now, If I add a dependency to jdbc/foo in the dep plan it will
fail to deploy.

Not sure how we can get away naming a datasource jdbc/foo and not slamming
a "/" in the artifactId though.

Cheers!
Hernan