geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Manu George" <manu.t.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with hiding asm classes
Date Mon, 26 May 2008 12:50:01 GMT
Hi,
      A user faced a problem with the hidden-classes element not
working for asm classes. The reason was the optimized class loading
mechanism which does not check if the classes are hidden before the
block below

       //
        // No dice, let's offer the primordial loader a shot...
        //
        try {
        	return resolveClass(findSystemClass(name), resolve);
        } catch (ClassNotFoundException cnfe) {
        	// ignore...just being a good citizen.
        }

I was able to get this to work by reverting to the safe method of
finding classes via the system property
-DXorg.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MPCLSearchOption=safe

Is this expected behaviour or should I open a JIRA?

Regards
Manu