geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Need some advice on how to include repository/* bits in the boilerplate
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 06:26:22 GMT
On May 13, 2008, at 1:14 AM, David Jencks wrote:
> So including the dependencies you need for gshell in the
> boilerplate's pom would get them into the geronimo repo.  As I said
> transitive dependencies don't result in inclusion at the moment for
> rather good reasons.  I don't know what the <include> tag would do
> but it's probably worth investigating.

What <include> tag are you talking about?

I guess I'm gonna try to make plugins for the gshell dependencies,
these 3:

     gshell-framework - just the core bits required to make gshell work
     gshell-geronimo - our additional commands to work with the server
+ their deps
     gshell-remote - the remote/whisper commands

I must say I'm really quite frustrated at the lack of transitive
dependency support here.  As this means that alot of the
dependencyManagement configuration which is already in the GShell poms
need to be duplicated into the Geronimo poms, making version
management even more of a nightmare.

:-(

Well, I started to add these cars to framework/configs, but I must
admit I really am clueless for how this stuff works now.

:-(

--jason