geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: DayTrader 2.0 Release - Input requested
Date Sat, 24 May 2008 13:00:54 GMT

On May 24, 2008, at 12:35 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> Its long overdue and I'm moving my creaky bones to release this
> guy.  Since its more of a sample / application I wanted to solicit
> some input on the criteria for a release.
>
> I was planning on including a bundle that had the source, an ear as
> well as a deployment plan for the derby database.  Also included
> would be a readme for installation.
>
> Not related to the release, but would also be updated, includes some
> Wiki documentation updates around the benchmark.
>
> Does anyone see additional items or things they would like to see
> for a release on DayTrader?  I'm planning on pulling this together
> next week so early feedback is welcome and appreciated.

It would be nice to provide plugin packaging with separate and
swappable datasources/jms pools.  However this might be more than we
want to bite off for 2.0.  Also I'm not sure if app clients can really
be packaged as plugins right now.  Depending on how the samples stuff
goes I might poke at this a little bit.

thanks
david jencks