geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Need some advice on how to include repository/* bits in the boilerplate
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 18:14:02 GMT

On May 12, 2008, at 11:03 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Um, the boilerplate does not put anything into the repository/*  so
> how do they get in there?  Or is that figured out when the
> boilerplate is applied to an assembly or something?

boilerplate is a geronimo plugin, and the car-maven-plugin generates a
geronimo-plugin.xml for it.

Therefore when it is installed into an assembly (usually the first
plugin :-) all the dependencies listed in geronimo-plugin.xml get
installed in the geronimo repo.

So including the dependencies you need for gshell in the boilerplate's
pom would get them into the geronimo repo.  As I said transitive
dependencies don't result in inclusion at the moment for rather good
reasons.  I don't know what the <include> tag would do but it's
probably worth investigating.

thanks
david jencks