geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Samples && docs
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 18:04:21 GMT
I'm not thrilled with  the state of the samples docs so I'm going to
spend a bit more time and see if I can improve them, as well as
cleaning up the samples a little more.

1. remove unnecessary ears (that only contain one module) from the
sample projects
2. have a single "how to build and deploy" page
3. trim explanations of "geronimo is a server with features" and
similar info-free text out of the samples docs
4. link to feature explanations in the main docs where possible.
5. correct at least the most egregious errors and misstatements.
6. link into svn from confluence for code samples whenever possible

We'll see how far I get...  comments welcome.

david jencks

View raw message