geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Questions about monitoring app/plugins
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 23:48:54 GMT
I was having some mysterious build problems and happened to look at
the monitoring app today a bit (plugins/monitoring).  I'm a bit
confused by the structure and wonder if it could be simplified.

My impression is that there are two versions of an agent and a web app.

common jar
ejb app
jmx jar

The ejb app appears to be wrapped in an ear.  Why?  I can't see any
reason for this
the jmx jar doesn't appear to be looking up the right thing in jndi.
geronimo-connector should not be needed here.

monitoring app:
Here there appears to be a war inside an ear for no apparent reason.

Could someone who has worked on this in the past comment?

david jencks

View raw message