geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Questions about monitoring app/plugins
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 07:33:46 GMT

On May 13, 2008, at 6:36 PM, Viet Nguyen wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> You are right about not needing to wrap the ejb app inside an EAR. I
> think your patch attached with geronimo-4014 looks great.

It looks ok to me too but I'm not sure how to tell how much it
breaks.  I'll try to simplify a bit more, perhaps one of the experts
here could check for breakage before I commit?

> Regarding the JNDI look up in the jmx-jar, I resorted to using
> something like "jca:/org.apache.geronimo.plugins/agent-ds/
> JCAManagedConnectionFactory/jdbc/ActiveDS"
> because of the discussion taken place here:
> http://www.nabble.com/how-to-get-Datasource-from-a-non-j2ee-module-td15081831s134.html
>
> It also looks be to consistent with the format given on the wiki.
> Which JNDI string do you see a problem with?

The string looks ok, but I think you get the DataSource from the jndi
lookup, not the gbean itself.  This is a new feature in 2.1.  I'd
expect rather than this:

             activeDS = (DataSource)
((ManagedConnectionFactoryWrapper)ic.lookup("jca:/
org.apache.geronimo.plugins/agent-ds/JCAManagedConnectionFactory/jdbc/
ActiveDS")).$getResource();

we'd want this:
             activeDS = (DataSource)ic.lookup("jca:/
org.apache.geronimo.plugins/agent-ds/JCAManagedConnectionFactory/jdbc/
ActiveDS");

look for a new patch :-)
thanks
david jencks