geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Doc IP Clearance (was Re: [DISCUSS] Policy for granting write access to our Wiki)
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 20:22:05 GMT

On Apr 28, 2008, at 10:02 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:

> Guys we need to wrap up this discussion. I'm not sure where are we
> standing but still have a bunch of questions.

Hi Hernan,
Agreed. Sorry I've been out due to some family health issues...

> A few things that look clear to me thus far
> - We'll request every contributor to submit a CLA. Filing
> instructions are provided in the Individual Contributor License
> Agreement itself available here http://www.apache.org/licenses
> - Every contributor will have to expressly communicate intention for
> contributing with the project's documentation sending a email to dev@geronimo.apache.org

I'd be happy with that.

> Some things still pending
> - Having a CLA on file will suffice to grant edit access to the doc
> or we'll seek PMC voting?

I don't think a vote is necessary.

> - Although a CLA is ASF wide we should provide access to only those
> interested in contributing to Geronimo's documentation. Do we
> already keep a separate list?

Not that I know of.

> - When do we make effective such access restriction?

As soon as we have a decision.

> - What Confluence spaces will be affected?
> - How do we deal with existing content? We can not apply this
> retroactively.

We can investigate what our risks are. Ask for old contributors to
submit a CLA and document their past submissions are licensed to the
ASF. I don't really know what are options will be. Anyone care to find
out?

> Once all these are sorted out I'll update the Apache Geronimo
> Policies on the web site (http://geronimo.apache.org/project-policies.html
> ) to reflect these changes

Sounds good.

--kevan