geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: naming connection pools with a "/" in the name
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 22:20:35 GMT

On Apr 30, 2008, at 2:14 PM, Hernan Cunico wrote:

> Hi all,
> When creating a connection pool and naming it in this from "jdbc/
> something", the connection pool get created correctly.
>
> When I check the available connectors however, this pool is listed
> as "console.dbpool/jdbc%2Fsomething/1.0/rar". So, when I define a
> dependency in a deployment plan I have to use "jdbc%2Fsomething"
> instead of "jdbc/something"
>
> I found 2 JIRAs (GERONIMO-2284 and GERONIMO-2314) mentioning the
> "%2F".
>
> Is there any chance (or limitation) to use "%2F" only for creating
> the directories in the repo but having Geronimo to understand the
> requirement for a "/" in the dep plans instead of a "%2F"?
>
> This is leading to confusion as I am able to create a data source
> with a "/" in the name but not able to use it when referencing to
> the pool from a plan.

I'm pretty sure we encode artifact names as uris all over the place so
we'd have to move the encoding into the uri creating/parsing code.

I'd be more tempted to prohibit "/" from artifactIds.

Note that  this issue is about the name of the module/plugin, NOT the
name of the datasource gbean, which is what is used in persistence.xml
and jndi resource-ref setup configuration.  There is no problem naming
a datasource jdbc/foo

thanks
david jencks