geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Policy for granting write access to our Wiki
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 02:31:01 GMT

On Apr 18, 2008, at 5:41 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> It's already ASF policy that an ICLA be on file for anyone to get
> write access to a confluence space used for official documentation
> or a website (plain "wiki" usage is exempt).  Updated a good 40~
> cwiki spaces to use the asf-cla group instead of confluence-users,
> including ours, a couple weeks ago after some abuse so we're
> compliant with the minimum policy.
>
> Some groups, like the Incubator, are talking that you need to be a
> committer to get write access -- not just have a CLA on file.  I'm
> not sure I see the need for raising the bar that high.  I like the
> idea of the check box as an alternate to having a CLA on file,
> assuming this is kosher with infra.

All,
I found the following source of documentation on the subject --

http://cwiki.apache.org/CWIKI/#Index-Ifweusethewikitomaintainprojectdocumentation%2Carethereanyspecialconsiderations%3F

Looks like we have some choices. One of the decisions will be what to
do about documentation that has already been contributed without a CLA.

I'd like to hear what the community thinks we should do...

--kevan