geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Doc IP Clearance (was Re: [DISCUSS] Policy for granting write access to our Wiki)
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 05:00:35 GMT

On Apr 21, 2008, at 8:47 PM, Jason Warner wrote:

> This may be a dumb question, but what happens if a user submitted
> content and then submitted a CLA sometime later on.  Are CLA's
> retroactive or does the content submitted before a CLA need to be
> resubmitted?

Definitely not a dumb question.  In the concrete case of someone
making contributions to project A then filing a CLA and later becoming
a committer to project A, I'd think the CLA would cover all
contributions.  Similarly, if someone made some contributions and we
asked them to file a CLA and they did, I'd count that as good enough.
Likely some other scenarios which are less clear, but those two cover
the common cases.

And speaking of CLAs, here's a report of users, and their edits, for
whom I could not find a CLA:

http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/gmo-revisions-no-cla.log

I think the easiest thing is to just ask for CLAs from everyone on
this list (definitely some familiar faces in that list).  Afterwards
we can deal with what's left which will be a process of evaluating the
contributions and making a judgment call on if they fall under either
the "minor patch" or the "major contribution" category.

-David