geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject SLF4J over Commons Logging
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 20:25:44 GMT
Yo yo... we've talked about this before, though a while ago... but IMO
its about time we drop Commons Logging like a rock and move over to
SLF4J.

The API is mostly the same, though SLF4J has native support for things
like:

     log.trace()

And has additional varargs support for things like:

     log.info("this is my foo: {}", foo)

I can dig up the old email I posted hella long ago if needed, but I
think its time to switch over.  Its been on the shelf for too long
already IMO.  I'm ready to start updating things to use the new API,
but before I do I want to get a general consensus from the group.

So chime in... failure to chime in means you agree with me :-P

:-)

--jason