geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Legal files in server/trunk, ianal & m-r-r-p
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:43:25 GMT
Folks, I've updated server/trunk to build with the latest maven-remote-
resources-plugin, using v1.4 of the jar resources plugin, which I
understand generates the right bits.

I also moved the legal file checking bits out into a separate plugin,
ianal-maven-plugin, hosted at the Mojo project, which now helps ensure
our modules are spitting out artifacts with legal mumbo in them.

I've also go through and nuked almost all of the LICENSE.txt and
NOTICE.txt files littered throughout the tree, most of them were the
same anyways.  For those that had additions, I've added m-r-r-p
configuration to append those critical legal details to the files
which are included.

So now there are only the LICENSE.txt, NOTICE.txt in the top-level
under server/trunk and the files which are included in the assemblies
under assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/src/main/underlay.  I
did drop the .txt suffix on those files, which I have mixed feelings
about... but it makes it easier to keep the ianal plugin (and
configuration of it) simple since the m-r-r-p doesn't generate .txt
extensions.

Had to add a few wee hacks, for all RAR modules and a few WAR and EAR
modules to get the m-r-r-p generated files included... those plugins
aren't really m-r-r-p friendly, but I gave Maven a kick in the ass to
make it do my bidding as usual ;-)  And its nothing major, just a bit
of a PITA... extra pom code blah.

  * * *

So, now server/trunk is *completely* from using the old genesis tools-
maven-plugin.  Still using maven-maven-plugin, but I hope to fix that
soon.  And then I'll re-craft genesis 2.x to reduce alot of the common
pom muck we have in server/trunk/pom.xml.

Cheers,

--jason