geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Policy for granting write access to our Wiki
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:50:36 GMT
It seems like we should start from scratch in our next major release then ;-)

For the next Geronimo v 2.x release we would set a new Confluence space and give write access
to geronimo-committers and geronimo-contributors.

geronimo-contributors would only group individual users who have expressed interest in contributing
to Geronimo documentation and filed a CLA. In addition, we would enable confluence-users (default
user group) to have "Comment Create" rights, however these comments would not show up in the
exported HTML version (only in Confluence). This user group would later replace geronimo-users.

New spaces where only geronimo-committers and geronimo-contributors have write access to will
have a different HTML auto export template to include standard ASF license notice one every
single page (in the HTML source). Such new spaces would have to be developed from scratch,
that is not carrying over any content previously used in other documentation releases. This
should hopefully exclude certain sections developed entirely by committers for which a CLA
is already on file.

Cheers!
Hernan