geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Geronimo 2.1.1 RELEASE-NOTE & README questions.
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:09:03 GMT

RELEASE_NOTES:
1) I've noticed that we actually have 2 RELEASE_NOTES-2.1.txt files in
our source.  They are both identical.   One is in our root ...
branches/2.1.1/RELEASE-NOTES-2.1.txt.  The other is
branches/2.1.1/assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/src/main/underlay/RELEASE_NOTES-2.1.txt.

  Are both of these necessary?  If not, which one is really required?

2) How elaborate do the release notes need to be for a maintenance
release like 2.1.1?  For example, our 2.1 release notes included a list
of enhancements explaining each.  I was just planning to list the JIRAs
that were included in the release since most items are bug fixes and
remove the 2.1 enhancement content.  Is that sufficient and what we have
done in the past?

3) Why is the version number in the name?  I assume that I need to
rename the current one to reflect that this is 2.1.1 ... but it might be
better to just remove the version number completely when I rename it.

README.txt:
4) As with the RELEASE_NOTES we also have 2 instances of the README.txt
file in our source.  One is in our root  ... branches/2.1.1/README.txt.
  The other is
branches/2.1.1/assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/src/main/underlay/README.txt.
  There is one minor difference between the 2 files.  Are both of these
necessary and if not, which one is required?

Thanks,
Joe